Monday, February 4, 2013

Farewell Penny

I was watching the news today and saw that Canada is no longer making pennies. It costs more to make the penny than the penny is worth. I wonder if the prices in Canada are going to end with ninety five cents or a dollar. Should you be concerned about this ? Right now, no. But if you did not already know, the United States is talking about doing the same thing. So if you enjoy getting a penny back at the cashier you might want to talk to congress.
If you have a Canadian penny you might want to hold onto it. And remember a penny saved is a penny earned, at least that is what Benjamin Franklin said, of course he wasn't Canadian ! My Mom used to tell me save your pennies but I guess I'll have to save my nickels instead. It will cost me five cents just for your thoughts. Now just how can I put my two cents worth in ?

No comments:

Post a Comment